Hey everybody, I want to inform you about a personal (and hopefully collective) attempt to gather events related to industrial ecology and climate and energy research and policy, in order for the industrial ecology/climate/energy community to be able to provide and exchange inputs where useful and necessary. It seems to be a time where it will come in handy to provide appropriate knowledge and insight from time to time
It includes scientific meetings, but also political events (parliamentary meetings, EU research service meetings, …) that relate to those topics.
The agenda can be found in map-view and calendar-view at https://floriandierickx.github.io/agenda/ :
It is implemented with open source tools, and although not perfect, a start for a practical useful database. Tools to view online or sync through personal calendar or RSS tools are at the moment:
- an iCal link for external integration
- an RSS feed with recent additions
- Google Calendar original interface
- a map displaying the events in the coming 2 months
What would be nice - but I don’t see yet how to implement this - is
- to have a tagging filter-function for the event map that extracts the first
- to shift the mapfilter APIs and plotting to open source tools such as Leaflet (being thought of/worked on). Maybe there are some forks that implemented this, but didn’t check that yet.