In this Do-a –thon we want to discuss and (further) develop a concept for open-source (OS FW) framework comparison.
Here is why we would love to do this:
- We want to consolidate the OS FWs and gain trust in their results and usability!
- We want to know which OS FW is the most applicable for which specific task
- We want to investigate in the argument being constantly stated within the community that
- Parallel code development can be reduced through the open source concept
- Finally, we want to identify synergies and propose concepts on how to use them
This is how the workshop agenda could look like:
Ask ourselves ”What are the requirements for a comparative scenario following the rules of Open Science?”
Introduce factsheets and discuss/add criteria to be compared (follow-up on this thread Breakout Group: Transparency - Model comparison - Factsheets)
“What else needs to be done to allow comparison (connectors, common ontology (follow –up on this thread https://forum.openmod-initiative.org/t/developing-a-common-ontology-for-energy-system-analysis/783)” from this we want to establish a regular Do-a-thon regarding comparisons and synergy identification
The results of this workshop can make an important contribution to open_MODEX- an ongoing three-year open science research project in which 5 OS FWs for energy system analysis are compared and synergies are derived.
We’ll be happy to receive your feedback and ideas!