To Whom It May Concern,
Thank you for your interest in reviewing the beta version of Power Watch. Power Watch maps the global electricity sector, using an open database of power plants of all fuel types. As part of the review process, we are giving Carbon Brief early access to the database and invite you to provide critical input on the following areas:
Data. Is the country and indicator coverage sufficient, and is the data of sufficient quality?
Methodology. Is the collection methodology clear and objective? How could the quality, quantity or updatability of the data be improved?
Usages of data. How would you use the data in your research? What other uses can you envision? What data could be added to make Power Watch more useful?
Additional reviewers. Who else should we include in the review?
Our primary goal is to understand how Power Watch can help meet your data needs, including what improvements or expansions would be particularly valuable. You can provide feedback by email, phone, or this online survey.
This Beta version is meant to be shared exclusively among relevant stakeholders and is not to be widely disseminated or shared with the public. Based on the feedback we receive during this review, we plan to publish a full and public version later in 2017. Further information can be found at the following links:
- One-page project description (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwUQWBXdq2MANzE3RVlXTHFRRVU/view)
- Interactive map (https://lixinyue-luna.carto.com/viz/e68cac34-f0be-11e6-a0fb-0e3ebc282e83/public_map)
- Introductory presentation (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/173tkIEbzQqjL1CPWDO5Hnp08mN9MNCQlRIOpgThz35s/edit#slide=id.p4)
- Full documentation package (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B78TeVg1_hjYYlQwQWtoZWlyV28?usp=sharing)
- Source code repository on Github (https://github.com/wri/powerwatch)
- Beta version dataset (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1puP52zUqIxd0F6Z0VISU1wQkE)
- Beta version data dump (un-matched, un-located, unverified data)
We are also inviting research organizations to become partners in the project by contributing additional data or research and be recognized on the website and other publications.
If you are interested in becoming a partner, please reach out to us.
We appreciate your willingness to help us improve Power Watch!
World Resources Institute
Direct: +1 202-729-7657 | Cell: +1 202-830-7738
email@example.com | Skype: johannes.friedrich42 | Twitter: @JohannesFried
WRI is a global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being.