The Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg (OVGU) is a research-strong, regionally networked and internationally oriented profile university.
At the Faculty of Computer Science at the Institute for Intelligent Cooperating Systems, Working Group Formal Methods and Semantics there is a job available - subject to the allocation of funds - research assistant (m / f / d)
Salary is according to German 13 TV-L
Start: as soon as possible
Time limit: 12/31/2020, with option to extend*
Working hours: 100%
- Subject to the allocation of additional funds, further employment on a follow-up project is planned until December 31, 2023.
As part of the BMWi project “SzenarienDB - database for climate and energy scenarios, sub-project: hardware and software expansion of the Open Energy Platform (oep), quality control and server operation” , the
following position has to be filled.
- Participation in the research work of the chair “Formal Methods and Semantics”
- Extension / programming of the Open Energy Platform (oep)
- Participation in the Open Energy Ontology and its connection to the oep
- Scientific and organizational support for theses
- Creation and assessment of technical articles
- Completed academic higher education (diploma / master) in the field of computer science, electrical engineering or energy and environmental management or a related subject
- Good knowledge of databases and UML; desired: knowledge of ontological modeling
- Programming experience in Python; good knowledge of git, github and open source software development
If you have any questions regarding the content of the advertised position, please contact Prof. Dr. Till Mossakowski via the secretariat Ms. Dagmar Dörge on Tel. 0391 / 67-58343 or by email dagmar.doerge (at) ovgu.de.
Applications from people with severe disabilities will be given priority if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional qualifications. The Otto von Guericke University is striving to increase the proportion of women in the scientific field and therefore urges female scientists to apply.
Please note the information on the collection of personal data at:
Please send your complete application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates) by July 31, 2020 (inbox) via the online application portal: